Mollom goes onwards!

It’s been a few months since I’ve let anything out about the development of WP Mollom. Due to my freelancing activities, the project didn’t got the attention it really deserved. But now I’m shifting focus again, and I’ll be able to spend more time on this plugin in the near future.

First up: the development version contains a few fixes against several  bugs and typo’s.

The biggest issue I’ve fixed is a problem with non alphanumeric characters and foreign character sets which are not being rendered correctly. It’s quite an important fix actually so it needs some testing before I can release it with the next stable version. You can support me to achieve this in one of three ways:

If you’re just passing by:

I’m a firm believer in the old adage ‘eat your own dog food’ so I’ve installed the development version on my own blog. Just leave a comment and use the most weirdest characters you can find on your keyboard. Combinations of quotes, double quotes, slashes,… anything gives! If you’re native tongue uses a foreign character set: give it a try!

If you’re a blogger:

Download the latest development snapshot of the plugin, intall it on a your (test) blog, make a blogpost and use all kinds of exotic character sets (chinese, cyrillic, greek, arabic, vietnamese, etc.). Try to use the most weirdest characters and check for comments with missing or garbled content.

If you’re a developer:

Download the snapshot and review my code! The code which sanitizes the comment strings can be found around line 1377.

If everything works great, I hope to do a long overdue bug fix release later on this week.

6 replies

Commentaar is gesloten